The much anticipated online signup for the June 12th Technology Professional Development day is now open! In this email you will find information about this day including session titles, session descriptions and session presenters. Please read the attached brochure and then visit the online signup to get yourself registered. Before you do this, please read some important information about the signup process and the professional development day itself.
1. Each session will be 1 hour and 15 minutes long. During this time, the first 30-40 minutes will be spent introducing the topic. The remainder of the time will be spent allowing the attendees to practice what they just learned and create some materials that can be used in your classroom.
2. If you have a school issued laptop you MUST bring it with you. If you do not have a school issued laptop, one will be made available for you.
2. Each session is going to be limited to 20 people. The primary reason is to ensure that the presenter can adequately assist the attendees during the hands-on time of the sessions. For this reason, pre-registration is required.
3. We will have giveaways as mentioned in a previous email. You will be entered once for each session you attend. The winners will be drawn at the end of the day. All items that are being given away are intended for use within your classroom. The items will remain property of Marlington Local Schools and must be returned should you cease to work for Marlington in the future.
4. You will need your Marlington Local Schools google apps user name and password to signup. In most cases, this is the same as your Marlington User Account information. If you run into trouble logging in to sign up, please file a trouble ticket. If you have further problems, you can see your building Technology Assistant for further help.
5. Once you have completed registering, you will get an email with confirmation of the classes for which you signed up. This email should be kept for future reference. It also has a link on it to edit your choices. If you check your email via webmail, you need to make sure it is configured right to correctly view the confirmation email. Follow this link to make sure your webmail is configured right:
Here is the link to the online signup and the brochure:
I wanted to thank you again for reading this email. A lot of time and effort is being put into this day and I know you will walk away from each session with a better understanding of the topic and the tools needed to integrate the topic in your classroom. If you have any questions, feel free to contact any member of the technology team. Have a great day!